Thursday, September 22, 2011

Overflow

Good Afternoon!!!!! I am in a great mood right now. I feel like a unicorn dancing through a rain shower of golden glitter...that is how magically delicious I feel. Why? After seeing my vast safety experience and my progress toward becoming a member of ASSE, they have upgraded my job to include being a safety partner which means I get to be salaried. Get into that. I have not had a salaried job since 2002. The only downside is you get paid what you get paid so even if you work more (which I KNOW I will be doing) you still the same. The blessings I am receiving are blowing my mind.

With such blessings comes great responsibility. God has poured a lot of blessing on me and I don't feel right doing some of the things I used to do. Watching how far God has brought me in the last 6 months has really done something to my spirit. For the last year, I was looking toward the world to make my life complete. I was hoping that things like men, popularity, material possessions and sex would make me happy. The truth is that chasing after those things have had some SERIOUS consequences, some which have not been highlighted here. I know what the world has to offer, and to be honest, I don't want it. The devil is slick, but I have to remember that he has NO authority and if he does, it's because I gave it to him. I am noticing while I am being put into position to fulfill the promise that God has for me, the devil has been BUSY! By busy I don't mean like a flat tire or cash flow problems. He has been busy in a way that if I didn't know any better I would not have known that it was his work. There have been a few people that I found their way into my life, that after conversing with them I am realizing that they were sent to destroy the purpose in my life. The devil knows that I have lust of the eye and I struggle with sexual impurity and to put it mildly he brought out the big guns. That's fine, but this is older, wiser Victoria. I cannot allow another person in my life that will hinder my progress. It is time for my surroundings to change, and I don't have to move anywhere for that. I am not going to make a bunch of grand statements about deleting people out of my life and so on, but I can show you better than I can tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment