Thursday, March 24, 2011

Back Like Cooked Crack!

Heeeeellllllooooo my babies!!! Sorry I took a little sabbatical from blogging because I just have had a lot going on.

The single life? Ba-da-ba-ba-ba I'm loving it. All the old team members have been traded or fired. Last Friday I went on my first real date in years. I will call him Mr. Big (I can't call him what I really want to because I am not sure if The Friend still reads this blog....tell you why that is important in a minute). For our first date he told me he was taking me to this bar and I must admit, I did the extreme side eye until he told me that on the night we were going it was open mic night. It was wonderful, we drank, listened to the jazz band, heard a little spoken word, some singing and even a little comedy. It was really nice. We are keeping it casual and I like it that way.

So, you know I don't pull any punches, I am sure you are all wondering who Mr. Big is. Mr. Big is a friend of The Friend. Yeah. Go ahead and judge. Mr. Big gave me the push I needed to let The Friend go because he confirmed basically everything that I already suspected. The Friend had been taking my car to see other females, he was screwing other females, and he LIVES from getting girls to put phones in their names and then sticking them with the bill. Normally something like that would have sent me through, but you know what? I felt free when I heard that. It meant for me that all that shit he kicked about him being such an upstanding person was basically some bullshit. So, I got my power back y'all. The problem wasn't me. It was his ass. So I went back to facebook, canceled my pitiful "will you take me back" friend request and blocked him. Then I went on my phone and I blacklisted him from being able to text me and all of his calls will go to voicemail. I deserve better than that. Plus, I do not want to spend my 30's like I did my 20's, begging people to stay that didn't want to.

Can I tell you all my new addiction? OnDemand TV. You know I was all #teamfreecable but I don't think I could live without my OnDemand. 95% of what I watch is OnDemand. I have had a chance to catch a lot of shows that I never got a chance to watch because I have been so busy. Outsourced? The shit! Bob's Burger's? Hilarious. On the flip side of that since I recognized that tv watching at my house is at an all time high, I need to get back on my reading grind. Right now I am reading a book called "Another Man's Wife". So far so good....we'll see how it goes.

Well, that is just the highlights. I promise not to be a stranger especially since I found some free wi-fi to hop onto at home (yeah, I'm cheap). xoxoxo

P.S. I am still going strong in my quest to be a better cook. I made some greens this weekend that were OUT OF THIS WORLD! Me and Chunky tore those things up....not a drop left in the pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment