Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yikes!

Shello! I just looked at my dashboard and saw that my last blog post was eons ago.....

There hasn't been too much to report....ok, I'm lying, there has been a lot going on, but I just don't know how to verbalize a lot of it. I have learned over the past few weeks that family will sometimes be the ones to hurt you the most. I just thank God that I have awesome friends, one in particular Mrs. Red Velvet, that see me drowning and they throw out the life raft.

For all that care, I am still single and this time around, not looking. I am starting fresh so that means no "friend" replacements. I got rid of TallDrinkofWater and NavyGuy(wasn't really much to blog about...I don't do long distance very well). I realized these two were just fillers for the time I used to spend thinking about "The Friend". "The Friend" was a filler for The Youngin...and so it goes. The point is, I need to stop trying to find a man to occupy my time and find other things to occupy it. After Saturday, I am going to dedicate my free time to working out. Go ahead, I will wait while you laugh. No, I really miss working out and seeing the rewards in the form of me being able to rock a size 8 and shop where I want when I want. Plus, it will be good for me.

Now that we established that I am going to start being a fan of GKL (Gym, Kids, Laundry), I am sure you all are wondering if I cook any better. The answer? HELL YES!!! I found this awesome site and have been churning out the awesome recipes left and right. I made the steamed cabbage with the smoked turkey leg on Sunday. It was awesome. I am doing the mac n' cheese this Sunday and will let you all know how it turned out. Did I mention I can hook a steak up now? The key? Marinate, marinate, marinate!!! It is my rule now that every steak I cook MUST marinate for at least 24 hours. I did this once and boy, did it make a difference. Plus, I have learned that there are other positions on the stove other than High....lol

I am getting back into the hair stylist arena. Tonight I am cutting my friend Christy's hair. It will be awesome to have shears back in my hands. What is funny is cutting hair is really like riding a bicycle....once you learn, you never forget. Well, back to work.....it's almost the weekend! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment