Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Things to Do

It's almost the end of the year and I have decided instead of making a list of empty resolutions, I am making a "to do" list.  So what's on my "to do" list? Here's a few things:

Start a Roth IRA
I'll be honest, I don't want to work forever.  When my children are grown I want to travel. When I say travel I don't mean for a week or two, I mean months at a time.  I'm getting my "Eat, Pray, Love" on. That is going to take money so I want to make sure I have more than enough. So armed with my 401(b) let the savings games begin!

Start Running
I have not been taking care of my health the way I should have. In my pursuit to get happy, I have picked up some extra weight. Not much, but what is more disturbing than the weight gain is the inability to run up my stairs or even after my son. I want some energy and a way to relieve stress and running will help with that.  I am going to start participating in Black Girls Run more often along with joining the YMCA.

Create a Budget--and stick to it
Do you know I spend $200 a month on eating out? I sat down last week and wrote out ALL my expenses. I came to the conclusion I do a lot of emotionally based spending.  I buy wine because it's been a long week, expensive nail polish because I'm happy, an expensive meal because I'm feeling ballerific. Those things are nice but so is having extra money.  I can still treat myself but not so often.

These are some of my "to do's" of 2012, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment