Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oranges, Butterflies, and Stillettos....

I'm sure you are all wondering how my trip went. I have one word: amazing.

My first night there, J took me to this amazing Japanese restaurant that had the hibachi grill at each table. We caught each other up on what was going on in our lives and shared almost comedic tales of love gone wrong.

When we got back to his house, I began to wrestle with myself about the sleeping arrangements. I didn't want to do too much too fast but I realized if I didn't want to do too much too fast I didn't have to. That's the beauty of not living by default. So after we showered and got in bed he said, "You smell really good!" He told me I smelled like oranges and he liked that. We fell asleep in each others arm, me counting backwards from 100 because....it's been awhile, lol.

The next day at the Smithsonian was dope. We were cracking jokes and learning new things about history and each other. He indulged me a trip through the butterfly garden where I got some nice pictures. Long story short, we had a good time.

Later that night we went to Big night and we had a great time and when midnight hit it was just me and him....I don't know what is going to come of this, but if the old adage about who you spend New Years with is who you spend the year with, is true, I would be happy with that.

So, I brought my New Years in with a happy heart, and my celibacy intact (don't front,  y'all wanted to know lol)....2011: Pursuit of Happiness....mission accomplished. Happy New Year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment