Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Broken Dreams Flying By on the Wings of the Obscene

*Five dollars to whoever knows where I got that title from*

The story writing contest is next Wednesday and I have narrowed it down to four pieces, I just don't know which one to use.  At the suggestion of my mother, I have started writing my "life story."  I have an exerpt ready and I will share it tonight.  It is sort of like therapy to write out some of the things I have been through.  Writing your life story is emotionally taxing.  There have been many times where I have been recounting an event and waves of sadness or happiness will come over me.  The hardest part is making it all come together.

Today I found myself in a weird situation.  I thought by leaving my hometown, that I would escape all the "six degrees" that seems to separate everyone.  Wrong.  A few months ago, a friend of mine invited me to where he relocated to work on my app, and while I was there he was going to introduce me to a few of his female friends.  Through the magic of Facebook, I saw that one of the girls was a mutual friend of my friends and J.  I asked my friend a couple of questions, and he did tell me that she used to have a boyfriend that she was serious about in DC.  Guess who that boyfriend was y'all?  J.  I immediatley realized who she was.  A few months back, J and I were in the mall and while we were together he was in an intense text conversation.  His phone was flipped over, and when a new message popped up it showed the sender was a female.  I asked him about it, and he said it was just a friend from out of town.  Well, I now know that it was not just a friend, it was his ex girlfriend.  I'll give you all a minute to process that.  What I am most upset about is that he didn't tell me the truth.  When I asked him why, he told me that he just didn't think I would take the truth well at the time.  That may very well be, but the truth is, he wasn't honest.  Honesty is all I ask of anyone in my life.  I try my hardest to be an open book in my relationships, face up, all trust.  My heart is hurt that he didn't do the same.....again.  This is where my new found boundries come into play.  I am a firm believer that you teach people how to treat you, and somewhere along the way I gave the impression that this was ok.  He admitted he was wrong, but y'all know me, once the seed of doubt has been planted, it grows into a wildflower.  I am too sure that if J found out that I was texting my ex, whilst sitting right next to him, my ass would be fired.  Immediately.  I don't know, y'all.......I am going to have to pray on this one, because this is the second time, and everyone has a limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment