Saturday, August 13, 2011

Table For One.......

Date Night: Table for One

Tonight I did something I have not done in a long time. I took myself on a date. I went to see the movie "The Help" and it was amazing. I won't talk much about the movie here, but all I can say is please have some tissues ready. I am sure there are some that looked at my status update regarding my date night and thought I was doomed to die alone surrounded by my 75 cats. There were some positives to taking myself on a date.

  • I got to see the movie I wanted to see. I love dramas and romantic comedies. Most of the men that I have dated are mainly into action movies. Can I take this time to say say how much I HATE action movies. The concept of buildings blowing up and all that is just not my thing. I could just imagine going on a date and having the guy complain about seeing a "chick flick". Return of the Planet of the Apes or whatever was showing and I didn't want to hear about how that movie would be greater than The Help. I like what I like, sue me.
  • No seating issues. It was packed! I did not anticipate that many people being there and I was happy to be a party of one because finding a single seat was easy.
  • No timing issues. I was originally supposed to go to the 4:30 show, but I have kids and in preparing them to go to my mom's house I ran behind. For once I didn't have to go through the drama and stress of sending a plethora of text messages explaining why I was running behind and I changed showtimes with ease.
I am not saying I will never go on another date, it is just that I when I am looking forward to something sometimes it's better if I go on a solo mission instead of making it a duo which brings me to my next point....

A Date? What's That

It seems in my age group, men have forgotten what it means to go on a date. Lately I have been getting request from some of my gentlemen callers to "hang out". What in the fresh hell is that? You "hang out" when you are 18 years old...we are 30+, there is no hanging out. I am not getting a sitter so I can sit at your house watching the latest on Redbox, No I want to go on a date. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Hell, I will take some ColdStone (LOVE strawberry cheesecake ice cream) and a walk on the beach. I like little outdoor concerts. The point is, I can stay at home on my own. I don't need a second party for that. So a tip for the fellows....if you are texting asking when can you "see me" or when are we gonna "hang out", I will have no response. Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment