Monday, August 1, 2011

Flowers for the Living

The past weekend was just amazing. My little sister came to visit from Tennessee and we had a ball. We have had our bumps and bruises in our relationship but nothing is better than watching that relationship repair and renew itself. We shopped, laughed and talked about my foray into the dating world. She did spend a lot of time with her boyfriend while she was here but that was fine by me. My sister is a wonderful woman and I have watched her on her journey to find the "right one" and I think she has. I hope to be going to a wedding and then finally accomplishing that goal of becoming an aunt! Oh, that's my dream....not her's...ok..lol. Her boyfriend makes her happy and when she's happy, I am happy.

I have always heard the phrase in church, "Give people the flowers while they are living" and I never knew what that meant until today. My Godbrother and I have not seen each other since I was a toddler and we finally re-connected via Facebook. I swear by our conversations that we were the same person. I was anticipating meeting him at the end of August and I just wanted to chill with him, listen to music and have conversation (build). My mom came by my house today and delivered some bad news: He is a diabetic and this weekend his blood sugar got too high and that caused him to go into a diabetic coma. I am just crushed. I have a bad habit of not staying in touch with people. I was supposed to call him last month to talk about the details me coming to visit, but I got busy with my day to day life and kept putting it off. I feel like crap. I wish I have taken the time and just talked with him for at least 5 minutes to let him know that I thought he was awesome and he really kept my self esteem on 1,000 million on days when I felt unpretty. But I am here hurting because I let that chance slip away. If he makes it through this I promise to call him and I am DEFINITELY coming to see him. You never know what is going to happen to someone from one day to the next so treat everyday like a gift and treasure those special relationships.


I found a solution for Beasley's shyness. I enrolled her into Tae kwando classes last week. She had her first class on Saturday and she seems to love it! I can see my baby become another person on that mat. She looks so determined and focused it's just amazing. I am chomping at the bit to get Chunky started. My sister's only question was when were my lessons going to start because these two would soon be tag teaming me.

Tomorrow is my custody hearing for my son. I initiated this in hopes that his father would try to establish a relationship with him. It makes me sad to know that the odds of him showing up for this hearing are non existent. He has allowed his disdain over paying (or not paying) child support interfere and therefore he and Chunky's relationship will suffer. But it's all good I put it in God's hands and I know He will make it alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment