Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Unmarried!

Yeah, that's me! Today at 9:38 am I became a legally single woman again. When I signed that decree (with a glitter pen) I felt like I just stepped off a roller-coaster. I wondered all last night if I was going to catch some wave of emotion at the courthouse ( same one where we were married), but it never happened. I almost wanted to hug my lawyer and everyone else in the room when the judge said, "Divorce Granted." I'm free. Though we have a child together I will no longer have anything to do with my ex. What he's doing, how he's doing doesn't mean two damns to me anymore and that's the way I like it.

So, what is Miss Page doing to celebrate? I'm not having a party but I'm going to spend some time with J and enjoy the DMV. Today I closed a painful chapter in life and I will sum up what I learned. NEVER settle when it comes to marriage. It's supposed to be forever and you don't settle when dealing with forever. Getting to know someone's background is important. I was so hot to get married I didn't pay attention to the fact I'd married a man without a stable work history, who had a criminal record, and had a history of being a pathological liar. Watch their actions, because the proof lies there. With that being said, I am not turned off to marriage at all. Love is beautiful when it's done right, and the next time I say "I do", I will be sure it's for the right reasons and that mutual love and respect is in the equation. So, today I'm feeling blessed for a little more wisdom and the new things happening in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Sis! God never fails us! Everything we do and go through is to set us up for the next new endeavor! Blessings to you and your NEW beginning! :)

    ReplyDelete