Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Being Interested vs. Being Dehydrated

Well, I decided to give my number to a gentleman I met and.....whomp, whomp, whomp. I just can't y'all. He seemed ok at first, we conversed a little bit via facebook and he gave me his number. I was not going to call or text, but this morning I said, "What the hell. Just text him and see what's up". This ladies and gentlemen is where shit went left. The conversation was going well until he did the ULTIMATE no-no in my book. He asked me a question that I ABSOLUTELY hate. He asked me to "send him a pic". When I read that I wanted to throw my phone in the trash and runaway like Kanye did in the beginning of his short film. If you are already my friend on facebook, why in the hayle do you need a picture of me in your phone? I may be wrong, but 99% of mobile phones have access to the Internet. If you want to look at a picture of me go on your mobile facebook. I have about 50-11 pictures of me there. Pictures of me pregnant, not pregnant, long hair, short hair, curly hair, work clothes, club clothes, it's all there. Furthermore, most of these phones sync your FB contacts so if you want to see my face when the phone rings, it's there.

This thirsty behavior must stop. Today. Being thirsty and being interested are two different things. When I am interested in someone, I am going to have meaningful conversation and take my time to find out if this person fits my criteria. The last thing I want is a "angling" photo sent to me. I am not going to send text proclaiming I "miss" someone I didn't even know a week ago. That shit is plain weird. So needless to say this gentleman is not going to make the cut, his facebook deletion and android blacklisting are happening tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment