Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Terrible Twos, Running Shoes, and Patience

I know people don't like the phrase "terrible twos," but I'm living it y'all. Chunky has turned from my sweet little baby to a temper tantrum throwing toddler. He's generally a good kid, but he can have some serious meltdowns. Today's tantrum was over us not going to dinner at.....Chick-Fil-A. Chick-Fil-a is his favorite place on earth. He can tell you when we are close to one and gets über excited. If we pass it he turns into a different child. Whining ensues, tears flow, backseats are kicked. These meltdowns in the car I can handle, it's the public ones that get me. If you are a parent to a toddler, you have endured the judgmental stares you get while trying to explain to your toddler why it's not a good idea to stand up in the shopping cart seat. I just keep reminding myself that this won't last forever and he will grow up.

I FINALLY got real running shoes! I am sure you are wondering what took so long, and to put it simply: I am cheap. I will spend money on a pair of heels but when it comes to running shoes, the idea of spending over 20 dollars just didn't make sense. That was until I got terrible shin splints. My sister (the running guru) told me it was because of my shoes. I did some research and discovered I am an overpronator and my work sneakers were just not safe for running. So, while visiting J we headed to the shoe store and I found a perfect pair of Nikes....for $49!!!! I threw glitter all over the place. I even got a Nike sensor and it is EVERYTHING! I like how my music syncs up with my run and I can track my runs without having to use a separate device.

I have a confession. I have slacked up on my studying for my CCNA. I toyed with the idea of getting a MCSE cert instead, but J advised that would be a huge step down. I had some thinking time and pinpointed what the real problem is. I am lacking patience. That has been my flaw when it comes to executing a plan. I just want to get to the fun part without the work, but as I grow I realize hardworking is going to be the only way that this gets accomplished, so back to the grind tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment