Saturday, January 19, 2013

Do Not Disturb

One of the best features of my iPhone is the "Do Not Disturb" feature.  It keeps your phone from alerting you until you choose to, or for a certain period of time.  Since I am trying to be a better mother and more attentive to those in my real life, I am using the feature along with my daughter hiding my phone in her room when I get home.  I must say, the last two days have been awesome, but this feels like quitting smoking.  I don't know what to do with my hands. As I waited for dinner to cook, I was just looking around trying to fill that void of mindlessly staring at my screen for hours would fill.  I can say, I am a lot more productive than I have been and I am getting THE best sleep of my life.  I used to blame my commute for the reason I could not get into bed by nine.  Lies and fairy tales.  It's because I would be on my phone waiting for J to text me or stalking everyone by Instagram.  My sister said something very profound the other day. "Your online life is both fictional and fractional."  She is right.  I am not enjoying a lot of moments in life because I am too busy documenting.  So if you try to call me after 7pm or on the weekends....I am out...living :)

No comments:

Post a Comment