Monday, August 13, 2012

We Be Sluggin'!!

You all KNOW it killed me to make that my title. Today I engaged in a practice known in the DMV as "slugging." To explain, it's where you pick up people going in your direction so you can ride in the HOV-3. Now we all know I am the queen of riding dirty in the HOV so after two tickets, the second which almost ended in an arrest (long story), I was down to pick up some slugs. I did it today and I got from my house to DC in 20 minutes. Usually it takes an hour. I did the same when I got home and I got home dumb early. I like it, plus it's nice to have some company on my commute.

Something else I picked up was NPR. I used to think it had to be the most boring thing in the world, but I didn't give it a chance. There were some good topics discussed. This is important to me because, I live with a two and eight year old, so not a lot of news and current events are on my TV. It keeps me current, so NPR stays in rotation now.

Yesterday I played Wii Fit. As usual, I didn't think much of it because, hey it's a video game, it can't be that hard, right? Wrong. I woke up this morning and EVERYTHING hurt. The upside is I like when it hurts (Scorpio woman...tee hee) that lets me know it's real. This will certainly be apart of my training.

Nothing else to report....I'm headed to bed to do a little reading until my eyes close! Good night....

1 comment:

  1. Whatever you do stay safe sluggin! :) As we get older we realize how precious time is even during a commute....

    ReplyDelete