Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Breathing

I made another trip to DC last weekend and it was amazing! This time I took my kids with me to check out the museums. We didn't stay with J because I didn't think it was appropriate for them to see their mama in bed with a man they didn't know. Especially since Miss Beasley is old enough to pick up on stuff like that. Our first day there we rode the Metro into the city. Now if you know me well, you know I have a fear of public transportation. I always imagine getting mugged or making it rain on a homeless person because I am a panhandlers dream. I love people, sue me. I was also afraid of getting lost with two kids in the city. So to say this was a big deal is putting it lightly. We got on the Blue line and rode the entire way to the Smithsonian. I was afraid for no reason. I didn't get mugged and the train was filled with people from all walks of life. I am a people watcher so it was interesting to see the couples, families, and students come on and off the train. The children had a blast at the museums and I got a lesson on eating before getting there. We were all hungry about two hours in and my daughter wanted to eat in the Smithsonian. This is where shit went left. Y'all I paid 22 dollars for two hot dogs, two bags of chips and three sodas. They didn't even kiss me. We were full but I was mad about that 22 dollars...Miss Beasley owes me when she gets her first job.

The next day we went to the outlets and met up with J. I remember waiting outside of Spa'riffick while waiting for Miss Beasley, scanning the crowd for J. When I spotted him, my heart lit up like I was 18 years old. Our eyes met and we hugged and said our hellos. Even though it had only been a few weeks my body just tingled from feeling that new but familiar embrace. We walked around the mall with the kids joking, and talking about hip hop. The kids seemed to like him and that was a good thing. We said our goodbyes in the parking lot. We hugged and exchanged a few warm innocent kisses. I like him y'all :)

While I was there, I also got to see my God Brother who I'd never met. We talked on the phone a few days prior and it was like we had known each other all our lives. We talked about our dreams, fears, and things that have happened to us in the last three decades. It was even more amazing to meet him in person. It felt like we have the same energy, some things he'll never have to explain because I already know, if that makes sense. We bonded over a delicious breakfast made by my God mother. I will certainly make it a point to see him anytime I'm in town.

I'm still studying for my CCNA and the material is sticking in my head now. Every time I want to quit I start visualizing and I get back to business. It grind time, so laziness and procrastination can't live here!

No comments:

Post a Comment