Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Holidays!

Christmas is days away and I am excited!  As the year draws to a close, I have had a chance to reflect on the events of 2012, and I must say that this has been a great year.  I won't lie, there have been major bumps in the road, but for the most part I have been blessed.  God granted me a chance to see my dreams realized and I am so happy I put my faith in Him and no one else.  What I am grateful for above all else is the chance to rebuild my relationship with Miss Beasley.  It has been a long two years to repair our relationship, but everyday I get a chance to show her that I won't repeat the mistakes of the past.  Miss Page has learned the hard way that my choices effect my children and it's just that simple.  This year also marked the first time in twelve years that I did not live 30 minutes from my mama.  She has always been my support system and I really missed going to dinner with her after work and driving out to her house on the weekends.  She was not a fan of my relocation at first, but she has come around.

Career wise, all I can say is FAVOR!!!!!  I never would have thought that in a million years that a meeting at a story telling contest would lead me to the world of freelancing.  I have always been squemish about calling myself a writer, because I just didn't think I was good at it "for real for real." But thanks to a lot of you who read and message me, I have been encouraged and I proudly say today, I am a freelance writer.  In the upcoming year, I will be showcasing some of my work here and on my other blog,"Soundtrack to My Life."  I thank you all for all of your support and kind words!

J and I have made it to a year!  What a year it has been!!!!  There has been a lot of raw emotions, laughs, good times, bad times, and REALLY bad times, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  This relationship has certainly made me look inward and I have learned that I can't place the blame on all my behaviors on another party.  Everything can't be everyone elses fault.   Growth y'all....it feels good.  Let's see what happens in 2013.

Have a wonderful and safe Christmas and New Year everyone! (still working on those conclusions....lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment