Sunday, April 1, 2012

Onward and Upward

I haven't been very vocal about this on my blog, but I have made a decision to relocate. I love home, but with my divorce final, I am looking to make a fresh start. Last year I toyed with the idea of joining my sister in Tennessee, but I couldn't catch a break there and I settled into my position at the hospital. But something changed. I fell in love with Northern Virginia. I love that suburbia still exsist there and the schools are really good. I also love all the IT positions available and the salaries are a lot higher.  The only draw is the cost of living is 15% higher there. For the last few weeks I have been papering every major health system,  county government, and government contractor with my resume and I am seeing AMAZING results. In one week alone I have had one phone interview, my resume forwarded to a hiring manager and today, by letter I was invited to test for a position with Fairfax County. A part of me is excited and the other part of me is nervous. Moving to a new city is a huge undertaking. I am ready for the challenge because I am ready for a fresh start. Whatever may happen I know it's part of God's will and it will be another growing experience.

Things with J and I are just blossoming beautifully. He's so different from the usual. He's warm, caring, and supportive. While we lay together this week I think of the times I would gently rub his arm and he would rub back. This may seem small to most but it meant something to me. It was the sign of intimacy that I've waited for. That is one of the things I love about our relationship. He knows I am a very sexual woman but he also satisfies my need to connect on another level.  He challenges me through conversation. He's interested in all of Miss Page not just her Hello Kitty.

Funny how time changes things a year ago I was laid off, things were looking so bleak and God turned everything around for me. I could never in a million years describe how grateful I am. So, now I sit and watch what He's going to do next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment