Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mission Accomplished!

I just want to start off by saying, I am feeling amazing right now! This morning it went down.....I ran my first 5k race and it was EVERYTHANG!!!!!!!! I was a bundle of nerves this morning when J and I left the house, I barely could hold a conversation. When we got to the site, I met with my running group and found my running buddy. She was super sweet and eveyone offered me advice for my run. I kept reminding myself not to sprint and to remember pace was the name of the game. The first mile was a little rough because I was at a slower pace, but around mile two, I picked up the pace and that his when "the feeling" and my playlist found their groove. "Kind of Like a Big Deal" kicked on at the most perfect moment. I got to an incline and remembered to keeps my knees up. Coming down the incline after that felt amazing. The next 1.5 miles were cake. I crossed the finish line and the feeling was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! After I finished, I felt like a million dollars, until I had to throw up. The few times I have thrown up in public, I have been, ahem, intoxicated, so I didn't really care where it was going down. This time I remembered it was not "dollar vodka" night at Crazy Charlies. As I looked for a decent place to be sick, I look out of the corner of my eye and over the strains of Wale's "No Better," I hear J call my name and I ran and hugged him with everything I had. He got a good picture of me crossing the finish line. After getting my complimentary banana and water we headed home and I gave him all the highlights. I appreciated him coming out and supporting me. So now I am gonna soak up a little more time with J and then I'm headed back to be with my babies. I won't lie I miss the both of them to the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment