Monday, April 16, 2012

Parenthood

Today, again it hit me that I, Victoria Page am parent. A real deal, mama. When did this happen? Sure, I have been a parent for almost nine years, but tonight it hit me that the old Victoria who could drink you under the table and partied to the sun came up is gone. One glass of wine and I'm tipsy and if I'm up when the sunrises it means Chunk decided he wanted his apple juice with a little ambiance. I was joking with J about us going "out" when I come up, but to be honest I don't really want to. I go to J's to rest. It's something he indulges me in. I wake up when I want and ahem, how I want. I eat my breakfast while it's still hot, I can complete a sentence without screaming, "GET DOWN FROM THERE! YOU'LL BREAK YOUR NECK!" and best of all, I get to run outside. I do all thing's I took for granted when I was baby free. Don't get it twisted, I LIVE for my babies. When I feel like I don't have a reason to live they remind me that I do. Sometimes I miss the old me, but then I'm reminded of Lot's wife. Looking back will keep you stagnant. So, I'm embracing my mama-ness and looking toward watching these two beautiful children grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment