Monday, January 31, 2011

You Got A Picasso In Your House!!!!

Shello my dearies!!! It has been a minute, as I have been in the middle of a move and Verizon has been playing reindeer games with my Internet installation. Luckily today I was able to jump on someone else's connection until tomorrow. After spending half an eternity on the phone with Verizon they promised my phone and Internet would be connected by 10am tomorrow. It better be, or I am gonna act up. And I am gonna want a credit on my bill.

The move was good. This time it was a three man crew and they were a lot more polite than the poor man's Dave Chappelle that managed my move that Monday. He reminded me of Chapelle's Leonard Washington character. I was able to put my bed together, paint two rooms, make a massive shopping trip to Target and get 3/4ths of the house unpacked in 8 hours. Not too bad.

Can I just express how much I LOVE this townhouse? I don't think I could live in another apartment without feeling some kind of way. You know what I like the best? The space I have away from The Goons. I love my kids but in that apartment we were all on top of each other. You couldn't go anywhere in the house without being near another person. I also love the fact that I only have to walk to my driveway to take the trash out. No scary trips to the dumpster! We are getting settled in and looking forward to the warmer weather so we can have some fun in the backyard.

You know what's next: Men. Or as like to refer to them "Those weird creatures with penises". The Friend did not make the move with us (even though some of his stuff did), and he has not been here since. He said he was coming, but right now I can't call it. But I will tell you this, the absence of his presence has given me a lot to think about. Friday night, I was enjoying a glass of moscato and watching The Social Network and I was looking at the scenes where they were using algorithms and writing programs. For my long time readers, you will remember that a 25 year old Victoria Page was at Bippity Boppity Boo University (nice local college) working on her Computer Science degree and part of that was C++ programming class. I remember many Saturdays waking up at 8 am to write a program and not finishing until 12 midnight. I wrote all kinds of little programs, calculating taxes, averaging grades, alphabetizing names, etc. It may seem small but if you pull the codes you will see it's a lot of writing and it can be intensive because you have to know what to put where. Anyways, I say this because my sister lectured me about dating beneath myself. She pointed out that I should be dating a WHOLE different caliber of man and I am not. This is when I realized, she is RIGHT. I am not a dumb broad. I WRITE COMPUTER PROGRAMS!!! This feeling was equivalent to when Squire told New-New to smarten up because she had a "Picasso in her house!". I have a Picasso in my house and I have been so busy trying to be something else that I forgot that yeah, I have some brains in my head. So, no long will I be intimidated of men with conversation that goes beyond the new Gucci CD, or what happened at The Club.

I think we have all established and acknowledged that I love sex. Soooooo what do you when you love to talk about the sexy time? Have a Tasteful Treasures Party!!! It was my second night in the new house and I invited some friends over via Facebook and let me tell you, it was a blast! We drank mimosa, took jello shots, played games, and talked about EVERYTHING in that catalog. The best part of the night was who the guest were. I had three people show up that I had not seen in 10 plus years. Yes! Isn't Facebook wonderful? It was awesome to see them! Hollywood came bearing a new kind of Moscato....that knocks that nasty Sutter Home out of the box! It was good to see her too because we haven't had a chance to hang out in a long time. It was a really good time. For once as an adult I didn't feel so socially awkward.

Well, it looks like things are starting off pretty good this year. I am just going to keep pushing for that happiness....I'll be fine once I get it....I'll be good....xoxoxo!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the new place. :-) Thanks for the invite Saturdady. Wish I could've stayed longer, but had to go 'cause the niece had to get home to get ready to go out. Oh to be 18 and free again! LOL! Anyway, we had fun...and I'm so happy for you moving on to bigger and better things! DO YOU!

    ReplyDelete