Saturday, May 5, 2012

Getting Out There

It is no secret I am shy, or rather socially awkward. Red Velvet is the only friend I have that I did not meet through someone else. I have always envied people who could just go out and meet new people like it was nothing. When I was growing up I never really had to worry too much about social situations because my sister and I were so close in age. Nine times out of ten, if we went somewhere it was together so I didn't need to know anyone else. In high school I had Red Velvet. Since I am moving to a place where networking is huge, Miss Page is going to have to shake the "shy sister" stuff and learn to be outgoing. My first attempt at this will be tonight at a party hosted by the authors of one my favorite blogs. It sounds like its going to be a good time. Open bar for an hour and my favorite music. Good times. I'll let y'all know what happens. Either it will be a ball or I will end up glued to a table staring at my phone to avoid making conversation, lol.

I got to see the Bob Marley movie. I must admit, I didn't know much about Bob Marley before seeing the movie, but it was very informative and well put together. I love a good documentary and it didn't hurt that the theater was dope too.

Remind me that eating dinner is important. Last night since I was sans les enfants , I decided I would just have gummi bears for dinner. Big mistake. Around two in the morning I woke up with the hunger headache from hell. I am not a fan of fioricet's side effects, so I rubbed a little lavender on my temples and went back to sleep. I did not get back up until 9.....and I still had a headache and I had the shakes. Thank God for orange juice, because I was having a Steel Magnolias moment.

Time to catch a little power nap before it goes down! Peace.....

No comments:

Post a Comment