Monday, June 4, 2012

Confession Time

Today I went to the local library and got myself a shiny new library card! I went to the smaller of the libraries in the county because my GPS directed me there, lol. I checked out some IT books and one other book. The other book was Steve Harvey's "Straight Talk, No Chaser." If you know me, you know I was not a big supporter of his first book. I didn't want to think like a man, ain't I a woman(see what I did there)? Anyways, I have read a little bit of it and I'll admit, it's some good stuff there. Most of it is common sense, but it's true nonetheless. It would have really been a help when I was trying to understand my ex husband's reindeer games.

This weekend I got all the "t" on where to go for fun in DC. I love an occasional club night like anyone, but lounges are becoming my thing in my old age. A friend put me on to all the places on U street and they are all my types of places. Of course there is Busboys and Poets various open mic nights that I am looking forward to attend and maybe even participate in. The event I am really saving all my love for is hip hop karaoke at LiV. Y'all....90's hip-hop.....me....liquor....they might as well call it Miss Page: The Adolescent Years Soundtrack. Plus, this week is a tribute to MCA....so it would only be right to recite ALL the words to "So What You Want."

Remember Instagramgate? Well today I had the pleasure of meeting the young lady in the picture and we hit it off. I found her to be very positive and motivated. We both share something in common: our persistence.

Well off to more studying....I am halfway through my CCNA book. I am trying to sit for the exam by the fall and it looks like it may happen. How I am going to juggle work, motherhood, and school, I don't know, but I have faith I'll be able to do well at all three task. Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment