Sunday, June 17, 2012

Missing Pieces

I went back home this weekend not only for father's day, but to see Miss Beasley. She was supposed to come back with me but since she only has two weeks before camp and the cost to change her ticket to BWI is astronomically high, she stayed in Virginia. When I saw her, I couldn't stop crying. In a month, she has gotten so tall! I spent time playing a million games of Operation with her and talking with her about her last days of second grade. She won an award for "best sharer" and I got a chance to see all of her artwork that had been featured at her school. Proud does not describe how I feel. The ride back home was a somber one.

This Tuesday I have decided to jump out there and participate in an open mic night. I have a couple of pieces that I want to try out. I have been inspired by my friend Sam to chase my dreams.

Well it's been a long day. I have a huge headache and the morning will be here soon. Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment